Going on road trips is great fun for the entire family. It is also nice to be able to stretch out in your car. If you have something that goes on top of your vehicle, you can carry your items with you that way when they will not fit in the back of your vehicle. Not everybody has a gigantic SUV that they can hold multiple items in The Yakima RocketBox Pro 14 Cargo Box runs for the price of $459.00 on Amazon.corn. For the size and the sleek design style, you definitely get what you pay for. For the price, it has an incredible amount of space. The lid is easy to open and close and I would rate it at 4.5 stars out of 5. It is made of very high quality construction materials and is easy to install.
Pros of this Rooftop Cargo Box
If you are looking for the best cargo box to install, this is it It is incredibly easy to slide on top of the car. The giant hooks go underneath the crossbars of your vehicle. There are two easily recognizable red buttons that you tighten until it sticks to the crossbars. It has another button to press to unhook the cargo box for sale. Easy to comprehend instructions are included with the package. It also has easy to use leveled arms and weighs a light 38 pounds.
- The price is great for how much you can git inside the Yakima RocketBox Pro 14 Cargo Box. It is one of the better cargo boxes for sale on the market for the price point. Most cargo box reviews go for a higher price.
- It is safe to store your items in.There are 2 sides to open it from for easy access to your precious items. There is also a unique central locking system design with a built-in lock.
- It is compatible with most rooftop car racks, including factory installed versions.
More Exciting Features
- The rooftop cargo box uses 80 percent recycled materials so it is good for the environment.
- No tools are needed to install the system. Just set it up, lock and go.
- Awesome; built-in lock system can help keep your gear secure.
- Dual-side opening eases access to your gear. The box opens nicely with a push button feature for ultimate ease of use.
Reviews From Consumers
Out of 141 customer cargo box reviews, the Yakima RocketBox Pro 14 Cargo Box scored an astonishing 4.4 out of 5 possible stars. One of the more popular reviews for a Honda CRV said that it lowered the gas mileage slightly by about 5 miles per gallon but the box stayed dry and no bugs got inside the box. Another review stated that the consumer was happy with the price and it was extremely easy to lock down. Another customer was happy it for a tent and three sleeping bags inside and was the biggest of other available Rocket models.
Cons of the Product
Even though it is considered one of the best cargo box on the market, the cargo box reviews of this rooftop cargo box had a few things that could be better with the design. The cons were minor but some things mentioned were-
Few miles lost per gallon due to the extra weight on top of the vehicle. Bulbous shape some didn’t like so much. One customer said a hinge broke off on first trip.
Overall Outcome of the Product
Overall, Yakima RocketBox Pro 14 Cargo Box got great reviews and has a fabulous warranty package for around $15 from SquareTrade for a 2 year warranty. It covers 100% labor as well as getting repairs done quickly and replacement parts for 2 years. They also had 24/7 support for customers and shipping was free for all repairs. Canceling the plan was easy enough, If you wanted to cancel your warranty you could do so within the first month of buying the warranty. Customers loved how easy to install the product was and that their gear stayed dry, even in rainy weather and long trips. The warranty price was incredibly easy to pay for and was a fair deal for what you got. Almost all customers were very happy with their purchase and did not regret picking out this product.